If you’re excited by strategy, building new ventures, and want to help scale a new type of consultancy, join us!
We’re looking for exceptional managers to join our team in London and help some of the world’s largest corporates answer their most difficult questions (£72-95k with annual bonus)
Please note: we do not require a cover letter as part of your application.
Founders Intelligence is a part of the Accenture Innovation Network in Strategy and Consulting.
We provide our clients with insight from entrepreneurs and VCs redefining industries, early access to emerging technologies and the strategic focus to deliver innovation. We are part of the Founders Forum group. If you’re excited by strategy and new ventures, and want to help scale a new type of consultancy, join us!
This opportunity suits entrepreneurial candidates with 5-10 years experience in consulting, start-ups, venture capital, accelerators or corporate innovation, or associated functions.
Who we are
We are an entrepreneur-powered consultancy that help forward thinking businesses to identify and deliver business growth in the digital economy. We spend our time redefining visions and beliefs for business growth, launching new digital ventures, and establishing strategic partnerships and/or investments with differentiated tech businesses.
Our mission is to pair the creativity, pace, and boldness of world-class entrepreneurs with the commercial rigor of a strategy consultancy to deliver economic impact at speed. 90% of our global team have worked in or Founded startups, alongside experience at some of the worlds most influential institutions. The team is our secret sauce and that is what continues to differentiate us in our market.
Since being founded in the UK in 2013, we have helped a diverse set of global clients, from Facebook, BP, ITV, Rightmove, Visa, Shazam, Unilever, Diageo, Lloyd’s Banking Group, GSK and Silver Lake PE, to activate entrepreneurial growth. Outside of London, we are proud to be part of the tech ecosystems in Berlin and Sao Paulo.
As part of the Founders Forum (www.ff.co), we have access to the world’s most influential network of digital entrepreneurs and investors. This offers us a unique perspective into the new technologies, business models, and consumer expectations creating and reshaping the future of industries.
We’re looking for exceptional people to join our growing team. As a Manager you will become a senior influence on team growth, coordinating the end-to-end client delivery, including:
- Setting a vision for project success and creating a systematic execution plan for the wider team to follow
- Creatively identifying relevant research areas and managing a team to investigate, review, and iterate the information discovery process
- Steering and guiding the teams efforts to create differentiated insights based on modelling and analysis of financial, market, or customer data
- Managing the information migration from internal tools to client facing materials, including strong slide design and storytelling. You will manage a team doing this, but also need to get stuck into the detail and develop the material yourself when needed
- Driving the outreach to the global Founders Forum community, identifying synergies and bridging business opportunities
- Building close relationships with client sponsors, including managing delivery timelines and identifying new pain points to serve
- Proactively building and engaging a network of global client prospects, founders/investors, and industry experts
- Taking ownership of team growth, including coaching, training, and contributing to marketing and recruitment activities
What we do
We support corporate leaders to deliver new growth opportunities, from strategy to execution.
Growth Strategy - Understand the ideas, propositions and business models which will create growth in your industry and define your strategy to participate in them:
Delivery Capability - Design and build the organisational structure, processes and culture to deliver growth
New Revenue Line & Venture Building - Create and scale new growth propositions as part of your core business units or as stand-alone ventures
Strategic Start-up Engagement - Deliver your strategic growth priorities by partnering with, investing in and acquiring the best start-ups and scale-ups
Acceleration Programmes - Build and run programmes to deliver your pipeline of new ventures, working with internal or external entrepreneurs
Examples of projects we support our clients with:
- Advising the CEO of a FTSE 100 listed real estate tech platform on offensive and defensive tactics to strengthen market share
- Helping a global energy company evaluate how to leverage its core gas station assets to grow revenues in a renewable energy future
- Being retained as an advisor to a global payments corporate venture capital fund to perform tech investment due diligence on select investments
- Advising a global technology Private equity fund with the due diligence of a >US$1bn target, identifying and evaluating the risks and opportunities that surround the future of the business
- Setting the long-term mobility and connectivity strategy for the Directors at one of the largest automotive companies in LATAM
This is a role for you if...
- You want to be part of a growing business on a mission to reimagine strategy consultancy for the digital economy
- You are passionate about technology, entrepreneurship, innovation, new ventures and growth strategy
- You want to become part of a global network of influential technology Founders, investors, and businesses that include venture capital, venture builders, and executive digital recruitment
- You enjoy using first principles to break down complex problems into clear, well-structured and actionable solutions
- You are an exceptionally effective writer and presenter communicating information clearly and credibly
- You thrive working in teams and building relationships with people from all types of backgrounds, experiences and seniority
- You have an entrepreneurial drive and are able to get up to speed quickly on all aspects of our clients and work
- You have an exceptional academic or industry background
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- The right to work in the UK
- You have 5-10 years of experience working in tech, consulting, investment banking, start-ups, venture capital, or associated areas
- You have experience managing teams and client relationships
- Someone with a natural entrepreneurial mindset
What we offer
- Well-paying, benchmarked salary between £72-95k (based on experience) and annual bonus
- Private healthcare
- Pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learnerbly Learning Perks
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support through Spill
- Matched charitable giving through Tyve
- Fun and dynamic working environment (we’re co-located with our fellow Founders Family companies including Founders Factory & firstminute capital)
- Significant responsibility for and influence on the team growth trajectory
- Exposure to C-suite clients
Our Application Process
Please note: we do not require a cover letter as part of your application
Once you have sent your CV to us and submitted your application we aim to respond to you within two working weeks about if we would like to interview you. We are a small team and receiving a huge number of applications so we really appreciate your patience.
Our interview process includes four stages as standard. Someone who is accepted into the process and successful at each stage can expect the following:
- A one-to-one interview with one of us to hear more about you and ask about your CV and experience (remote)
- A task-based interview with two more of our team to understand how you approach problems (remote or in-person at our office)
- A case study interview with two more FI people (at least one Partner) to get to know you further (remote or in-person at our office)
- A final conversation with our CEO Rob Chapman (remote or in-person).
Across the interview process we make a concerted effort to make sure you meet a mix of our people to get a good feel for what it’s like working here - because of this we might suggest additional informal conversations (this will depend on the candidate, their experience and who we think it’s useful for them to meet).
We are inclusive and so if there's anything you need to help you be the best in your interview(s) please let us know. In addition, if you have a specific time frame you need an answer within, please let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate it.